Have you made an appointment with yourself to set goals for 2020? In today’s podcast I’m going to give you a behind-the-scenes look at how I like to plan ahead, for a fun and productive year. I’ll explain the 8 questions I ask myself at the end of every year, and I’ve got worksheets and templates to help you plan your best year yet!
I can’t believe it’s already the end of the year and we’re actually talking about 2020. There’s something about a new decade which makes me feel like I’m living in the future. Today we’re focusing on the planning process that I use at the end of every year. I want you to open up your diary, or the calendar on your phone, and make an appointment with yourself to go through all these goal setting activities for yourself and your business. It should only take you a couple of hours, so make a plan to head to your favourite coffee shop and get cosied in. Use the button below to download the worksheets to take with you, or you can listen back to the podcast as you plan!
We’re taking a couple of weeks off for Christmas and New Year, but I’ll be back on the 8th of January to let you know everything I’ve planned for my own amazing 2020.
How to plan an amazing 2020 in 8 simple steps
Make sure you download the worksheets and listen in for all the details!
- Review your goals and achievements from 2019
- Think about what’s important to you in life, as well as this year.
- Consider how you want to feel at the end of 2020.
- Brainstorm goal ideas in four specific categories
- Choose some specific goals that match your vision and values
- Create a visual timeline for each goal so you know what you can achieve
- Create action plans and choose metrics to measure to make sure you stay on track
- Put dates in your diary for when you’ll check in on your quarter goals.
Credit for the list of 100 dreams goes to Laura Vanderkam. Laura writes fantastic books about time management and co hosts an amazing podcast Best of Both Worlds.
Need accountability for your 2020 goals?
I would be genuinely THRILLED if you wanted to email me with your goals for 2020, and I will gladly chase you up once a quarter and ask how you’re getting on! I’d love to be your accountability partner.
I’d also love to feature more listener questions in the podcast. Drop me an email! And of course you can subscribe to Whin Big on Apple Podcasts, and leave us a review. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
“2020 is going to be your best year yet!”