What it’s really like to grow your business with IG Reels, with Abi Sea
Today’s guest is the wonderful Abi Sea, long term friend of the podcast and returning guest.
Our conversation today has been all about growing an audience with Instagram Reels, but maybe a little different than the conversation you’re expecting.
We talked about the imperfections of our approaches to Reels, the things we find challenging and the ways we’ve worked to overcome them. We also talk, in a pretty unfiltered way, about how much we both DON’T want to go viral on Instagram – although we’re very curious to hear from you if that’s a goal of yours!
Abi’s my only guest on today’s episode, so settle in for a cosy conversation between two Instagram-loving, real-life marketers for a warts-and-all conversation about growing an audience with Instagram Reels. I can’t wait for you to hear it!
Connect with Abi and The Launch Lifeline
The Launch Lifeline on Instagram
Using Instagram Reels to get more followers
It doesn’t have to be all about maximising growth and going viral! Instagram have designed the game, but you can choose your character, and play by your own rules. Abi and I talked about
- How she figured out what was blocking her from getting involved in making Reels regularly
- How she overcame those roadblocks and started consistently making and sharing new videos
- Where her ideas come from
- How she gets around Instagram’s annoying bugs with text and captions
- Keeping your strategy flexible and giving yourself downtime when you need it
- Why going viral might be overrated
- How decide for yourself what Insights and data matter when measuring your own success
Click the podcast player above to listen in to this fabulous conversation.
Abi mentioned a lot of her favourite Instagrammers to follow:
- Victoria Emes
- Wil (Abi said “Interiors Wil” during the recording)
- Janet Murray
- Kirsty Raper
Plus here are a few more she sent through afterwards:
More Podcasts about Reels:
Start seeing results from Instagram Reels (17 mins)
4 easy steps to Instagram Reels (22 mins)